Free 4 Day Trial Pass
lifeguard / babysitting classes
Brian Coffey established Charlotte Safety Training in 2007 and currently serves as President. Charlotte Safety Training is a Health and Safety Education Company with a Focus on Aquatics Training and the Aquatic Industry. Brian has experience in many Aquatic areas. Some of his prior experience includes:
- Managing Pools since 1994 -Municipal and Private
- Aquatics Director Charlotte Christian School from 2001-2007
- Head Varsity Swimming Coach/ Swim Program Director Charlotte Christian School 1999- Present (Still Coaching!!)
- Developed Summer Swim Programs and Teams for numerous facilities in North Carolina.
- United States Merchant Marine Licensed Boat Captain.
- Aid in development and training of Lifeguards in both Pool and Oceanfront/ Lakefront enviornments since 1999.
- Head Coach experience of USA Swimming associated club, Charlotte Yellow Jackets Swimming.
- Certified Lifeguard Since 1992 (Pool and Ocean/ Waterfront experience)
- Certified Water Safety Instructor since 1994.
- Lifeguard Instructor Trainer
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer
- American Red Cross Workplace CPR, First Aid, AED Instructor
- Member of United States Lifesaving Association (USLA).
- Brian currently holds Instructor and Instructor Trainer certifications for the American Red Cross.
- American Red Cross programs are and will continue to be the focus of Brian's work at Charlotte Safety Training.
The Babysitters Training Course is one-day class that prepares youth ages 11-15 to become responsible babysitters. Participants will learn how to care for children ages 0-10, activities to do with young children, create a babysitting business plan, and be prepared to handle emergency situations. Students will leave with the knowledge of how young children act and play. This course provided hands on caregiving from feeding, changing, playing, and preparing for bedtime. This class is a great opportunity for older siblings who may be caring for younger siblings and those looking to pursue babysitting or be mother's helpers.
Tuesday, August 5: 9 AM- 4 PM
Saturday, September 27: 9 AM- 4 PM
Monday, December 22: 9 AM- 4 PM
Cost: $65 members/ $75 non members
Location: YWCA Central Carolinas, 3420 Park Road, Charlotte NC
*Must register one week prior to class.